You may have taken a clean shirt out of the dryer, smelled it, shrugged your shoulders and inhaled with joy. By lighting candles, you can transform your home to provide that same clean feeling. To do that, you’ll need to find a scent with one or more of the following specific notes:
- Citrus: You’ve probably come across numerous citrus scents, but the most popular citrus notes are bergamot, clementine, grapefruit, lemon, lemongrass, lemon verbena and orange. Citrus scents provide a happy and uplifting feeling.
- Botanical: Botanical includes many floral scents and green notes, like grass, green leaves, or stems. It also includes all the herbal scents, like basil, eucalyptus, lavender, mint, rosemary, thyme, and sage.
- Marine: Marine notes are listed in a few different ways. So you may see notes like ozone, sea air, sea salt, or seaweed. You can expect driftwood and water scents to have marine notes; but, you’ll also spot this in many air, cotton and linen scents too.
- Powder: You’ll find powder notes in many floral scents, like peony, rose, violet, and iris. You will also find powder notes in cashmere scents and a handful of amber scents too.
- White musk: Most cleaning products and laundry scents include notes of white musk or light musk. Because of this, many of us associate white musk scents with clean. When you smell white musk alone, you may describe it as sweet or fresh. It reminds me of clean sheets.
Your clean-smelling should be clean-burning too! Our candles are handmade with natural 100% soy wax, premium fragrance and essential oil blends, and natural cotton wicks. This provides a long lasting aroma with a clean burn.
All of our products are vegan, cruelty free, and free of petroleum, phthalates, parabens and dyes. They're also California Prop 65 compliant, meaning they are free of all the harmful chemicals listed.
When you want to create that “I just cleaned” feeling in your space, look for natural soy wax candles with citrus, botanical, marine, powder or white musk in the fragrance notes. If you use scented household cleaners, choose a scent in the same fragrance family. Here’s a few of our favorite scents for bringing clean vibes to your space:
Notes: Powder, Ozone, Cotton Blossom, Lily of the Valley, Light Musk, Violet
The Cotton + Iris candle has a very pretty, clean, floral aroma. It’s the perfect candle to get into the spring cleaning spirit! We also have it available as Laundry Room.
Notes: Lemon, Grapefruit, Basil, Sage
This blend of herbal and citrus aromas is a year-round favorite. It’s also the scent for the energy candle in our self care set gift set.
Notes: Bergamot, Daffodil, Elemi, Light Musk
The earliest sign of spring is when the bright yellow daffodils bloom along mountainsides and edges of the forest. The Daffodil candle is sweet, dewy, botanical and bright. It will bring cheer to any home this spring!
Notes: Bergamot, Black Tea, Rose, Violet, Lily
Earl Grey provides the posh aroma of the classic English evening tea, made by blending black tea leaves with fresh Calabrian bergamot. Soft floral notes create a refined and comforting aroma.
Notes: Rhubarb, Mint, Grapefruit, Apple, Lavender, Rose, Vanilla
The Grapefruit + Mint candle is great for refreshing your space, especially common areas like the entryway and kitchen. The aroma is a bright blend of citrus and herbs.
Notes: Dew, Lavender, White Blossoms
Set a calm mood with this soothing, floral candle. Notes of charming bright white blossoms enhance the aroma of endless fields of sweet herbal lavender.
Notes: Lavender, Orange, Lemon, Blossoms, Green Stems, Vanilla
Lavender + Lemon is bright, botanical, welcoming, sweet and tangy! This scent is perfect for bringing a calm, but uplifting aroma to your space before guests arrive.
Notes: Bergamot, Blossoms, Rosemary, Sage, Lavender, Patchouli, Amber
This is such a comforting scent with a beautiful balance of both lavender and sage. This clean, herbal scent is perfect for any relaxing space!
Notes: Lemon, Zest, Lemongrass, Lemon Verbena, Light Musk
This herbal, citrus blend is beautiful! Bold lemon and earthy verbena create an aroma that is fresh and clean!
Notes: Green Stems, Honeysuckle, Lilac, Wood, Powder
The smell of lilacs always reminds me of visiting my grandmother upstate. She would trim her lilacs and we would put them in a vase. This scent beautifully captures that scent and reminds me of her.
Notes: Bergamot, Petitgrain, Jasmine, Neroli, Orange Blossom, Sandalwood
If you’ve visited an orange grove when the trees are blooming, you know that the blossoms are sweet and fresh!
Enjoy the energizing and uplifting aroma of this candle. It has a beautiful balance of sweet and tart, just like the juiciest pink grapefruits.
Notes: Peony, Green Stems, Powder
Pink Peony smells like an elegant bouquet of spring's first blooming peonies.
Notes: Air, Citrus, Tulip, Green Stems
Tulips can be romantic or happy or cheerful. The Tulip candle is airy, green and floral.
Notes: Water, Jasmine, Grass
Just as drops of rain provide an ambient sound, the Rain candle provides a comforting aroma. It's like rain in a lush forest with beautiful notes of jasmine and fresh botanical notes.
Notes: Rosemary, Spearmint
Rosemary + Mint smells like refreshing ground spearmint with just a touch of rosemary.
Notes: Mandarin, Lemon, Bergamot, Ginger, Jasmine, White Tea
White Tea smells like a lovely tea made from young tea leaves, citrus, ginger and jasmine.
You probably spotted many citrus, botanical, marine, powder and white musk notes. Hopefully, we’ve helped you find the scent you'll love that will bring clean energy to your space. What’s your favorite fresh or clean scent? Let us know in the comments below.